Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between paper choices?
- 20#TEXT is the economy paper, it is the lightest weight. This is an uncoated paper so there is no shine or gloss. Universal weight is 75gsm.
- 60#TEXT is a lightweight, coated matte paper. This paper has a low shine. Universal weight is 89gsm.
- 70#TEXT is our favorite paper. This uncoated paper is 100% Post-Consumer Waste (PCW) Recycled paper. A sturdy text weight paper. Universal weight is 104gsm.
- 100#TEXT is an uncoated paper, 100% Post-Consumer Waste (PCW) Recycled paper. A sturdy text weight paper. Universal weight is 148gsm.
- 110#COVER is a cardstock weight paper. Uncoated. Universal weight is 298gsm.
- 16PT CS1 is a cardstock weight paper with a coating on one side, and uncoated on the other. We print on the coated side. Universal weight is 265gsm.
What does GSM mean?
- GSM is an acronym standing for ‘Grams per Square Meter’ and the higher the GSM number, the heavier the paper.
Do you print a bleed/with bleed? Or commonly known as "when the image/background goes off the page."
- We will only print your file with bleed if requested, there is a cut charge added for any flyer or poster with bleed.
- We ask for 1/4" (.25") extra image/background on all sides for trimming.
- Keep all important information and images at least 1/4" (.25") away from the trim edge.
- Because of the paper size, your trimmed poster will be smaller than the size ordered. For instance, if you order a tabloid sized poster and request trimming, your final poster will be approximately 10.5" x 16.5".